Skip to main content

February Art Journaling Round Up

I'm just going to say .... February is a blur!  Where did it go?  I've written 6 blog posts and filmed 6 art journal spreads for my upcoming course which starts Wednesday 4th March.  The sun is out today which is tempting me outside but I have support materials to prepare so that will have to wait.

My first blog post of February was on the Joy of Art Journaling - a little art journal page breakdown on a more cheerful note. 

The next week of February I looked at Challenges of a Daily Art Journaling Practice.  I make some suggestions for approaches to connecting with your journal every day despite limitations.  There's a lovely post which breaks art journaling down into steps that could be taken each day.  Art journaling is such a supportive community.  For a brilliant list of prompts check out this post about art journaling prompts - prompts are a really great way to break the creative block that often arises when you have found a little bit of time and space for your art journaling.  And here is a post with a great list of links to prompts.

Foxy art journal love
My next art journaling post was about loving mixed media art journaling.  Mixed media is a great strategy for creating art and what better place than an art journal to try out different combinations.  For some reason this cute, cross eyed fox made himself known when I thought of a page to express this.  This post about love takes a very different visual approach. 







Some of my other posts were about my art process and this one about Mother's Day card designs I created in my 'card' journal.

Have a great March.

Hugs, Ceri xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Art Journaling Round Up

Well, it's been a mild January and I have started the year with a good blogging rhythm.  I started off the year with a bit of a style update on my website and am doing some market research for art journaling courses near me.  I have been running courses in the community for several years and am hoping to offer them to more people this year both  online  and in  Flintshire . I started my January blogging by looking at how art journaling might help during grieving .  Grieving is such a deeply personal process it seems art journaling would be a cathartic activity for exploring the source of grief.  Others have written more in depth about the grieving process itself  and how to make a grief journal . Next up I wrote about background techniques you can use in your art journal .  Background techniques are a great opportunity to have fun, experiment, be spontaneous and even messy.  I love them!  There are other great tutorials on the web with extra helpful tips and a pallet knife tec

March Art Journaling Round Up

Well, Coronavirus is HERE!  And I had something to say about that this month .... March started with a blog about mixed media art and collage  - the line is blurred between them, if there is indeed a line at all.  I made a quick animation of an art journal page about the feather footed flower bee to show a way to collage in your art journal.  Here's the animation: I also looked at art journaling as a creative process  and discuss my take on what this means.  I think I may write a follow up blog to this showing how the creative process can work in an art journal. My next post was the aforementioned response to Coronavirus .  Being stuck at home is a very different situation to a working week and many people have struggled with it.  In this post I offer a little help with details on how to go about creating an art journal page.  I keep it simple so that most people should have the resources needed.  Here's a short animation showing the steps I took: My fi